Slow and Steady FINDS the Treasure...

...ok, I know, it's "wins the race"...haha.   But don't you find that when you SLOW DOWN for a bit that you find things, feel things, and experience things that might have just whizzed right past us at the pace we're used to keeping?

This weekend was a true example of that for me and I had the BEST time with my family.  As bloggers, stampers, and busy peeps in general do you ever find you just want to shut off the phone, shut down the laptop, and just BE?   Granted, it's hard.  It's the one thing we turn to most often and sort of hard to 'cut the cord' but at the same time is MUCH NEEDED PEACE at times.   And in slowing the pace, I definitely FOUND THE TREASURE this weekend just relaxing at home with my kids and DH.  PURE BLISS.


To honor the SLOW and the TREASURE, I have two totally different creations for you today, ,the first one using this CUTE mushroom image from the January Kit of the Month {SAVOR THE JOURNEY}.  YES!  Mission accomplished...at least for this weekend.  JOURNEY SAVORED :)


If you're NOT a UNITY KIT CLUB member yet, NOW IS THE TIME to join!  Have you SEEN all the new perks for joining?  They are seriously FABULOUS.  With SO many discounts and free stamp opportunities, it just left me wondering....c'mon...say it with me!

WHO DOES THAT?!?  
You can check out all the details on quick and easy signup HERE.

Now WHO doesn't like to discover TREASURE?   Well, have you guys SEEN the cute cute new releases?  A few weeks ago, we debuted TEN of them to ring in '10 and I used the ADORABLE "Pirate Madness" set for my next card...which happens to be a techinique "TWO-for" which I NEVER do, I don't think ;)


My 7 year old boy Jack helped me with this one.  He ADORES Pirates and as soon as I saw this set I knew I had to have it for him!


The card uses the EASEL technique and I also made it into a slider card so he could move the ship.  He ADORES it, almost as much as I adore him.   He made sure to ask permission to take it to school tomorrow and show his teacher, and as I tucked him and his twin brother into bed last night I caught a glimpse of how he had proudly displayed it on his nightstand already...now THAT is treasure.  Love that boy, I'm telling ya...


Well, thanks SO much for coming to hang out with me today and on my BLOG!   I am having the TIME OF MY LIFE as your January Guest Designer and am definitely savoring THIS journey, too!

Oops!  I almost forgot!   CONGRATS to  SWEET CRAFT-TEA CHICK....YOU are the WINNER of the random 100 stamp GrabBAG!   Please email eryn@unitystampco.com to claim your prize!  Thanks to ALL who came along for our STAMPIN' STORE KIT Blog Hop this past weekend!

I'll leave you guys with a quote I found that describes JUST the treasure I'm talking about when we slow down and {Savor the Journey} a bit:

" Normal day, let me be aware of the TREASURE that you are...Let me learn from you, LOVE you, bless you before you depart.  Let me not pass you by in some quest of some rare and perfect TOMORROW.  Let me HOLD you while I may; for it may not always be so...."  ~Mary Jean Iron


See you guys soon!  xoxo
~Jess :)