Design Team {Birthday} Tuesday with Shemaine


Hello Unity friends! Thanks for stopping by today to visit us for Design Team Tuesday. Today I have some fun birthday themed projects to share with you. Why the birthday theme you ask? Well I'll be the first to spill the beans...today is my birthday! How cool is that? What a great gift I get from Unity to be able to share some fabbie creations here on the Unity blog on my very own birthday!

We all know that Unity has a great variety of Birthday themed images but for my projects today I just had to ink up the Sweet Celebration Birthday set from Unity's Co Brands with Bella Blvd. I also used a few different colors of patterned paper from the new Bella Blvd collection Sophisticates by Stephanie.
This is last year's birthday, the big 40. I celebrated it quietly with two friends I met at a Mommy and Me meet up when Lily was 3 months old. Who really wants to celebrate turning 40? I know I should be screaming  "forty is fabulous" but I just wasn't feeling it. Since the kids have gone onto preschool, we are no longer meeting at the park but we get together once a month for a Mom's night out and it's marvelous! They have been such a huge support in my crafty adventures and in February when I brought the current Cards issue and showed them my first ever pub they were thrilled for me since that was my birthday wish last year.  

Lately my goal when I am creating with product is to use up the scraps to create a card or several cards if possible. So of course I used my scraps from the above layout to create a matching birthday card and added a touch of blue to bring some color to it. I also used the same stamp set. I used my Spellbinder's Grand Calibur and Fleur de Lis Doily Motifs to back the sentiment that was stamped in the circle die.


And finally, I re-purposed a bag from Baby Gap into a matching gift bag. It's been pouring in CA the past few days and this photo turned out over exposed. Notice the tissue paper is stamped with the same images. This is so easy to do. Just stamp the images with regular ink and let them air dry for a few minutes and now you've turned inexpensive white tissue paper into personalized gift paper.



Here's a closer look. Remember you can use any stamps to create this look for wedding and baby themes too! 
So that's it! I hope you've been inspired to create something handmade for your family and friends. We love to see your Unity creations so please visit the Unity Facebook page and Splitcoast gallery and load them up!





{Ippity}








{Ippity}