Mixed Media & Merry Christmas!!

Hello there sweet Unity friends! It's Karen here sharing a mixed media project with you today!   Today, I am sharing a Christmas stocking decoration I created using many different elements along with a couple of my favorite Unity stamp sets!



My stocking decoration is a Silhouette die that I cut. Unity's "Generations" stamp set was embossed with Embossing Tinsel (sparkly glitter), and I just love the sparkle, shine, and texture it gives! I also embossed the rick-rack that goes across the top of the stocking. The whole stocking's been ink distressed with a few different colors and some gorgeous lace was added as well!

The top corner of the stocking features a small poinsettia flower with a dainty pink rose in the center. There's tulle behind the flower and some thick glitter was added to the ends. The satin ribbon was distress stained with several colors.

I also added some little tiny ivory colored pearls to the rick rack and to the centers of the beautiful doily stamped images! You'll notice a beautiful bobble embellishment that I have hanging from the poinsettia embellishment to add a little flair!

Lastly, I added one of the ticket stamps from my "Ticket to Christmas" itty bitty set! It's been stamped with distress ink too to give a vintage feel!



Now, I want to express my warmest Christmas wishes to you with this beautiful poem by Catherine Pulsifer...

"My Christmas Wish To You"

If I could wish a wish for you,
it would be for peace and happiness
not only now,
but for the whole year through!

I wish that there always be food on your table.
And that you always remember those less fortunate.
May you always take time to share,
and thank those who share with you.

I wish for time, so you may reflect
on the blessings that you have,
and that you express your love
to those who are dear to you.

May you never feel lonely,
because there are those who care.

That you realize:
you are special,
you are unique,
you make a difference,
not only at Christmas, but all year!

I wish for your thoughts to be positive ones,
that you never quit,
that you never give up,
and that you continue to learn.

I wish for the love, peace, and joy
of Christmas be yours always.

Hugs & Smiles,


{Ippity} {Ippity}

Labels: ,