Inspiration Wednesday - Thinking Outside the Box!

Welcome to Wednesday!

Today is the day on the Unity blog where we try to show you what inspires us and what we create because of that inspiration.

I am a cardmaker - period!  I seldom venture outside that arena.  Is it because I can't?  Don't think so!  Maybe I'm afraid of stretching myself?  Probably!  And like most people, am I fearful that I won't be good at something new?  Absolutely!

Well today, I have stepped outside the box.  There are so many talented people on the Unity Design Team and so many Unity friends (i.e., customers) who make such beautiful creations that aren't cards that I thought I should challenge myself to be different this week.

I have paid careful attention to all of you who I consider to be mentoring me in this process and I am [surprisingly] quite happy with this mixed media canvas I'm sharing today.


For this piece I used one of the amazing "beauties" by Tracey Malnofski - Sophia.  The image and sentiment are stamped on tissue paper and then adhered to the canvas using gel medium.  Then I  added some texture using 3 different stencils and embossing paste.  Everything is colored with Gelatos.  I haven't decided exactly how she will be framed up yet, but that's for another day.

Hopefully I've inspired you to try something new and different.



Labels: ,