SMAK Saturday - Feel the Fear

Hello happy stampers and welcome to the weekend! This is Rachel kicking off your crafty Saturday with a fun mixed media tag tutorial.


Here's how I created and I hope you spend some time today making one for yourself!


I started by placing Distress Inks directly onto my craft mat, spritzing with water, and then placing my manila tag on top of all the yummy ink. For this tag I used Distress Inks Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberries, Peacock Feathers, and Mermaid Lagoon.


Next I placed a stencil on top and went over it with Translucent Modeling Paste. It dries clear but still keeps a lot of texture.... when the background is so pretty, it's hard to cover it up! So clear is good :)


Once the paste dried I stamped the music notes from SMAK December 2015 - Deserve Beautiful. I used permanent Archival Ink so it won't rub off of the glossy paste.


Next I used this gorgeous heart image also from the December 2015 SMAK. I stamped and heat embossed the image with black glitter embossing powder.


On a separate tag, I inked it up and stamped the quote from the SMAK December 2015, "Feel the Fear and do it anyway". I will cut up each word to add to my tag later.


For my focal image I inked up this bird from the April 2015 SMAK - Leave Ordinary Behind. Then I ran a glue stick around the edges and rubbed foil over it. I also added a thick layer of crackle paste over the bird and let it dry for a couple hours.


Ta-Da!


The SMAK stamps are so great to have in your collection. I love mixing and matching my kits, new and old, they're all good!

For just $25.99 a month you will be guaranteed the exclusive kits that contain a FULL 8 x 11 sheet of red rubber stamps! You will NOT be disappointed!! Sign up for your SMAK membership today!

Labels: , ,