Inspiration Wednesday - Loose Watercolor Stripes with Gold

Good morning! Heather here with a Pinterest Inspired card - I just love browsing Pinterest for inspiration - there are so many beautiful ideas! Sometimes it makes my head want to explode, because I want to do them all, but thankfully cardmaking is an avenue for me to make use of some of my many pins that doesn't require much work or effort either!


Here is the image that inspired me this time - I loved the watercolor feel to the stripes, as well as the gold accents of the utensils:

{image credit}

I used the May 2015 Sentiment Kit for this one - heat embossed in gold on vellum and machine stitched over my watercolor background.


The background was really very easy - I just made some soft watercolor stripes, let it dry a little, layered on more color in the centers and let it bleed, then once it dried all the way, added one more darker stripe. Also added some ink splatters at random times and layers, some wetter so they bled more, some dryer so they made a darker colored splatter.


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!


Labels: , ,